Tuesday 7 August 2012

Olay Pro X Advanced Cleansing System - Open Box/ First Impressions

Hi pretties

I wanted to share an open box/ first impressions product that I purchased off Amazon.com.

I was looking for a product similar to the Clarisonic Mia as $150 is way out of my budget for a product that I don't particularly need.  I do not have acne scaring, and I only suffer occasional hormonal breakouts so for me $150 is just too much for me to spend on a product I don't particularly need.

I started doing some research into similar products and dupes for the Clarisonic at a lower price and I came across a product I really wanted to give it a try.  This product does not work the same as the Clarisonic.  Where the Clarisonic vibrates back and forward this product rotates so it is quite different technology.

My parcel came from Amazon.com today that I ordered on 30 July 2012 so it only took a week to get here.  It was left by my front door out of the weather as no one was home.

This is what the open box looks like.  Nice and secure for international travel.


When I open up the first box this is what was inside (I have already inserted the batteries).  The package comes with the cleansing system, a brush head, 2 AA batteries and an exfoliating cleanser.  I also ordered 2 replacement brush heads at the same time.  The whole package plus shipping cost me $40.


The back of the system has two control buttons.  The top button switches it on and the second button changes the speed.  There are two speed settings.


I have not yet seen this product in Australia (have not been looking for it though either) so I ordered it Internationally.  The box says the unit has; two speeds, water resistant, replaceable soft bristle brush heads available, pro-x exfoliating renewal cleanser (sample), cleanses 6 times better than basic cleansing.

Overall I'm pleased with the product so far.  The bristles feel so gentle, the unit is quite sturdy and looks pretty simple.

I will give you an update in a few weeks with the results (if any) I am getting with this product!

Caitlin xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I bought the Clarisonic and it made my skin much worse so I feel like I wasted $150. It would have been a better idea to try a cheaper one first.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete